MLAPP PRIVACY NOTICE AND POLICY
MLApp is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
MLAPP Pty Limited ACN 167 873 967 of Level 1, 460 Church Street, North Parramatta NSW 2151 (MLAPP, we, us, our) is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
If you have any queries about the privacy of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer by email (email@example.com).
1. How we collect your personal information
We generally collect your personal information indirectly from mortgage brokers or providers of lending services that you have approached about a home loan. We may also collect your personal information from banks or financial institutions that have received a finance application in your name.
We may also collect your personal information directly from you online (including through a mobile device), over the telephone, or in forms or other hardcopy documents.
2. Legal requirements
We may be legally required to collect personal information under:
- the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (Corporations Act); or
- any requirements issued by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority or the Financial Ombudsman.
3. Why we collect your personal information
- To store it securely and make it available for use by mortgage brokers, providers of lending services and banks in connection with the provision of home, commercial and personal financing to you (including through automated pre-completion of financing applications).
- To supply, manage, administer and control the quality of the MLAPP mobile app and any other product or service we provide.
- To comply with our legal obligations (including our contractual obligations with banks and financial institutions).
- To enable mortgage brokers, providers of lending services and banks and financial institutions to market their products and services to you.
4. What happens if can't collect your personal information?
Unfortunately, if we cannot collect your personal information your mortgage broker, lending services provider or bank may be unable to complete or process your financing application.
5. Who receives your personal information?
Generally we give your personal information to:
- your mortgage broker(s), lending services providers(s) and banks to which you wish to apply for financing (however, we do not pass on to these businesses any card or payment information provided by our customers when purchasing the MLAPP mobile app or any other product or service from us);
- our registered brokers and employees, but only as needed by them to perform their services (they have obligations to treat the personal information they access as confidential); and
- external providers of services we use to operate our business and manage our business systems, such as:
- software developers and providers of IT support services (including Sentia Australia Pty Limited);
- web server providers (including Anchor Systems Pty Ltd); and
- if you are a customer purchasing our products or services, providers of payment processing facilities (including Braintree, a division of PayPal, Inc.) and the financial institution(s) they partner with.
7. Access and correction
9. Disclosing personal information overseas
We may disclose your personal information to third parties located outside Australia. For example, when our customers pay for the MLAPP mobile app (or another of our products and services) we may provide their payment information (including credit card details) to providers of payment processing facilities. These facilities are likely to be located in the United States.
1. KINDS OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND HOLD
Information for your financing application
Name, contact details, date of birth, bank account details and other personal information requested by mortgage brokers, providers of lending services, banks or financial institutions.
We may collect payment information (including credit or debit card details) from our customers when they pay for the MLAPP mobile app (or another of our products or services) through the payment processing service that we use.
We may collect information about your online behaviour, including:
- the time, date and URL of each request for a page from our web server; and
- information from your mobile device allowing us to: analyse trends, administer the MLAPP mobile app and from time to time utilise aggregated demographic information.
You can set your browser to accept or reject cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but you may not have access to any restricted areas of it and you may not be able to use the MLAPP mobile app.
2. HOW WE COLLECT AND HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION
We tell you how we collect Personal Information in section 1 of the Privacy Notice
We take reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we hold from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We may use third party data storage providers (such as Anchor Pty Ltd and Braintree, a division of PayPal Inc.) to store personal information electronically. We take reasonable steps to ensure this information is held as securely as information stored on our own equipment.
3. HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We tell you our main reasons for collecting personal information in section 3 of the Privacy Notice. Our other reasons for collecting, holding, using and disclosing Personal Information are below.
- Service providers
- provide, manage and administer products and services and business systems (including software developers, providers of IT support and web server providers);
- securely manage processing of electronic payments and storage of credit and debit card details; and
- analyse trends and aggregated demographic information, and target your interests.
- we may be required to take steps to ensure that provider handles personal information received from us in accordance with the APPs; and
- we may be liable for any breach of the APPs by that provider in relation to personal information received from us.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- regulators and law enforcement agencies; or
- respond to an enquiry from a government agency under State or Federal laws.
We may also use and disclose your personal information to:
- let you know about our new products and services or other opportunities (for example, by direct mail, email or SMS);
- send you product and service information on behalf of third parties;
- enable mortgage brokers, providers of lending services and banks and financial institutions to market their products and services to you.
Each time we send you a marketing communication, you will have the option of opting-out from future marketing communications. You can also opt-out from all future marketing communications at any time (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Please let us know if there’s a change to any of the details you have provided to us.
You have a right to ask for access to the personal information we hold about you. You are also entitled to ask us to correct that information. Please contact our Privacy Officer with any access or correction request, at:
c/- MLAPP Pty Limited 183 Albion Street Surry Hills
Your personal information will usually be available within 30 days of your request. If there is a fee for accessing your personal information, we will confirm the amount before providing the information.
In some circumstances we may not be able to grant access to your personal information (for example, (for example, if it would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of an other person).
It is not always possible to remove or modify the information we hold, but we will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information so it is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
If we decline to make a correction you have requested, you can ask us to attach to your personal information a statement that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. If we disclosed the information to a third party before correcting it, you can request us to notify the third party of the correction we’ve made.
We will not charge you to request a correction, for making a correction or for attaching a statement.
5. MAKING COMPLAINTS
Please contact us our Privacy Officer with any concerns about how we handle your personal information:
Tel: 0404 098 133
c/- MLAPP Pty Limited 183 Albion Street Surry Hills
We will do our best to address your concerns, but if you still wish to lodge a formal complaint, please send details to the Privacy Officer in writing. We will normally respond in 30 days, confirming the next steps in the process.
6. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
We may disclose your personal information to third parties located outside Australia. For example, when our customers pay for the MLAPP mobile app (or another of our products and services), we may provide their payment information (including credit card details) to providers of payment processing facilities. These facilities are likely to be located in the United States.
7. HOW LONG WE CAN KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Generally, we will hold your personal information for up to seven years (in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and Australian Tax Office guidelines).
- no longer need to use or disclose your personal information for any purpose authorised by the APPs; and
- are not legally required to retain that information
then we will take reasonable steps to destroy the personal information or have it de-identified.